Centrum im. Ludwika Zamenhofa
Mediateka CLZ
Contrast:brightness_6
Font: A A+ A++
Language: plen

Oral history

Thanks to e-Mediateka project many recordings will be available. Were chosen  interviews with people connected with Bialystok (among others: artists, athletes, enthusiasts, “ordinary” citizens of Bialystok, Esperantists) which show a diverse range of topics. They are located within broad framework of possible time, refer to  history of Bialystok and Podlasie, taking into account topics involving stories of people from Bialystok or Podlasie, but sometimes beyond the geographical area (e.g. bieżeństwo, deportations, Warsaw uprising, emigration). Moreover Mediateka CLZ as the only one in Poland multimedia library contains wide documentation Esperanto movement, and this part of the collection will be also presented in e-Mediateka. Users will have an opportunity to get to know with whole interviews or fragments, connected with chosen topics.

Ok
arrow_back

Oral history

Szumski Mirosław Jerzy

Mirosław Jerzy Szumski was born on December 18th, 1929 in Białystok, the child of Lidia (nee Pieńkowska) and Stanisław Szumski. Her father was a post-office worker. In 1936 he began attending the Exercise School at Mickiewicza Street. During the Soviet occupation he attended the 27th Common School. During the Nazi occupation he attended secret classes of Sztachelski, Maria Kolendo, Żyłkiewiczowa, Kurliszyn. Between 1944 and 1948 he attended the Male High School at Warszawska Street (currently housing the King Sigismund II Augustus 6th High School). From 1948 to 1956 he was a university student. At first he studied at the Water Engineering Department of the Wrocław Technical University. He took additional studies in Gdańsk, due to health issues he had to finish these studies at the Warsaw Technical University. He received a work order to work at a power station construction site in Wojciechowice near Ostrołęka. In 1958 he returned to Białystok and began working at the “Przemysłówka” Białystok Construction for Industry Company, later at the construction site of the Białystok Sanitation in Wasilków and finally at the Provincial Design Office. In 1991 he retired.