Centrum im. Ludwika Zamenhofa
Mediateka CLZ
Contrast:brightness_6
Font: A A+ A++
Language: plen

Oral history

Thanks to e-Mediateka project many recordings will be available. Were chosen  interviews with people connected with Bialystok (among others: artists, athletes, enthusiasts, “ordinary” citizens of Bialystok, Esperantists) which show a diverse range of topics. They are located within broad framework of possible time, refer to  history of Bialystok and Podlasie, taking into account topics involving stories of people from Bialystok or Podlasie, but sometimes beyond the geographical area (e.g. bieżeństwo, deportations, Warsaw uprising, emigration). Moreover Mediateka CLZ as the only one in Poland multimedia library contains wide documentation Esperanto movement, and this part of the collection will be also presented in e-Mediateka. Users will have an opportunity to get to know with whole interviews or fragments, connected with chosen topics.

Ok
arrow_back

Oral history

Roszkiewicz Danuta Kazimiera

Danuta Kazimiera Roszkiewicz, born September 15th, 1928 in Białystok, the child of Leokadia (nee Kurnicka) and Kazimierz Szumiński. Her father was a prison guard at Kopernika Street. From 1935 she attended the 2nd Common School at Św. Rocha Street, which was moved in 1938 to Grunwaldzka Street. In 1941 she went to a summer camp in Druskienniki, from there she and other children, without the knowledge or assent of the parents, were transported to the Soviet Union. She was palced in the 5th Orphanage in Ufa (the capital of Bashkortostan). In 1945 she was moved to an orphanage in Karakulin (over the Kama River). In May of the same year during her return to Poland she fell ill and was placed in a hospital in Moscow and later in an orphanage in Zagorsk (Moscow Oblast). In December 1945 she arrived in Białystok. In 1949 she finished the Female High School at Kościelna Street (currently the King Sigismund II Augustus 6th High School). Between 1949 and 1952 she studied biology at the Warsaw University. From 1952 to 1954 due to a work order she taught chemistry and the TPD Primary School in Białystok (currently housing the 3rd High School). Between 1954 and 1956 she taught biology at the 2nd High School in Białystok. Until her retirement she taught biology at a Medical Schools Complex at Ogrodowa Street. She is a member of the Sybiraks Association, Białystok branch.