Liskowacka–Zinkow Ligia Halina
Ligia Helena Liskowacka – Zinkow was born of February 23rd, 1929 in Warsaw, the child of Katarzyna (nee Łukaszewicz) and Roman Liskowacki. She attended the Primary School at Freta Street in Warsaw. In the Summer of 1939 she moved with her mother the her uncle`s estate in Deretschin (currently in Belarus). At the end of 1940 she came with her mother to Białystok. They lived at the presbytery of the St. Roch with Rev. Adam Abramowicz. During the German occupation she was in the conspiracy as a runner. She also attended secret classes. From 1949 she attended the Female High School at Kościelna Street (currently the King Sigismund II Augustus 6th High School). In April 1945 she was arrested by the Department of Security. At first she was held in the Department`s building at Branickiego Street, later in the prison at Kopernika Street. After the capitulation of Germany in May 1945 she was transported to Rembertów, to a soldiers camp under the jurisdiction of NKVD. After the camp was closed down, she was transported to Poznań to a Spetslager no. 2 of the NKVD. In August 1945 she was placed in a prison in Rawicz. She was released on October 16th, 1945 due to an amnesty. She came back to Białystok and graduated from high school in 1949. Between 1949 and 1953 she studied biology at the Warsaw University. After graduating from a three-year program she received a work order to be employed by a school in Szepietowo. In the mean time she received her M.A. In 1954 she was employed at the Art High School, as a teacher of biology, at first at Kilińskiego Street, and after the High School had moved to Supraśl, she continued to teach in Supraśl until 1984 when she retired. From 1984 to 1994 she taught biology at the Musical High School in Białystok. She is a member of the Union of the Republic of Poland Combatants and Former Political Prisoners.